Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Winthrop Bass

This large mouth bass was caught on a Lake Winthrop on a canoe in late august, it was caught just off of a steep drop off at the base of a large flat near the center of the lake, I was stripping a size 4 orange woolly bugger which had been successful the whole summer with pickerel, crappie and especially bass. The bass in this lake were being hooked on small lures and flies all throughout the summer and into the fall, when I tried switching to a larger size fly the fish just weren't as aggressive as they were with the smaller flies. This was both good and bad considering I got plenty of bites but nearly half of them were sunfish, I felt the hard hit that is unique to the sunfish in this lake and got my hopes up but when you pull out your 15th sunfish of the day,bass begin to seem like a rarity. Luckily enough I was able to get this big guy towards the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment