Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Western Road Trip

 
These photos were taken during a western road trip my family took a few years ago. Back then I was not as good of a fisherman as I am now, although I was able to catch some good fish. We flew into Denver then drove through NM,AZ,NV,CA,OR,WA,ID,MT, and then back into CO. During the trip I was able to fish quite a bit. I fished in an alpine lake in the Colorado Rockies, I fished in the Smith River California, I fished in the Madison, Yellowstone, Gallatin and Deschutes rivers as well as some random creeks in the Wyoming Rockies. On the Smith River I caught a small what I believe to be native or wild rainbow trout ( the first picture). In California I also fished in a small coastal creek where I caught the second fish pictured above which I believe to be a small King Salmon Smolt. After driving through Oregon where I made a quick stop at the Deschutes River I headed into Idaho for about a day. After Idaho we drove into Montana where I spent a couple days.In Montana I had the most luck on the Gallatin River where I caught 20 or so rainbow trout. In addition to the Galattin I fished the Yellowstone River, The  Madison River and Rock Creek. 
Once back in Colorado I fished in an alpine lake on Mt.Evans. Although I did not catch anything I got many bites from very aggressive cutthroat trout which was very fun. Overall this was my favorite trip of all time and someday in the future I hope to return with more skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment