Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Central Pennsylvania Trout Trip

Last May I attended a U.S Youth Fly Fishing Team clinic held on Fishermans Creek and Spring Creek in central Pennsylvania. There I spent three days learning from some amazing fisherman, from kids on the team as well as guides and even Joe Humphreys. During the time I was there they filmed part of Joe Humphreys movie, you can actually see me a couple of times in the trailer they released.
     During the clinic I was introduced to an entirely new type of fishing, European nymphing with a sighter instead of a bobber. In addition to this I was introduced to jig head nymphs. I used these techniques and flies for the entirety of the clinic and still use them today. The brook trout above was caught on a dry fly during an evening sulphur hatch on Fishermans Creek. The brown trout was caught on a baetis nymph on spring creek. Overall the clinic was a blast, I learned a lot and in between caught some good fish too. I would recommend  this clinic to any teens (as it is a youth clinic) who want to learn more about fly fishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment