Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Deerfield River

 Earlier last year, sometime in June. My friends and I decided to fish the Deerfeld River. The segment of the Deerfield River pictured above was fished with little to no luck, although it was one of the most stunning parts of the river. Rolling hills can be seen in the background as well as a long riffle leading in to a pool.This section of the river was sepersyed into two channels by the shrubbery and grass hopper filled island seen above. Two of my friends and I took to turning up rocks and found plenty of stoneflies being found, so naturally we tied on a hopper dropper rig with a stonefly nymph. This did not get any bites. I then tried an olive wooly bugger, casting into an eddy behind a large rock. I ended up getting one bite there, the only bite in that section of the river. We later decided to head up to fife Brook dam where we all got many bites from both Browns and rainbows, only catching one brown. Overall it was a very difficult yet rewarding day of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment