Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

First Trout Trip of the Year

Today I fished the swift for a few hours with many bites but very few fish. I first started out fishing a WD-40 with a caddis nymph as an anchor down at the pipe pool. I got no bites there so I headed up to the route 9 bridge. There I saw a spin fisherman catch a big trout on a spinner so I switched to a circus peanut to try to imitate a small brook trout or sculpin. Immediately I started getting many bites. I worked my way upstream until I finally caught the fish seen above. I walked even farther up to the y-pool where I had many bites. After fishing the y-pool for half an hour I ended up leaving. There were very few fish in the river at this time so I was pumped to catch this guy, especially sight fishing with a streamer.


No comments:

Post a Comment