Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2016

East Creek Vermont Brook Trout



All of these brook trout were caught in East Creek in Pittsford Vermont. There is a small pool right off the sight of the road on Sangamon Road in Pittsford. I believe nearly all fish in this pool are stocked although I'm sure there are a few wild brookies. Overall the fish in this stream seemed to respond mostly to attractor patterns. I caught all of my fish and had all of my bites either jigging a san juan worm in the pool or stripping a black zonker and chenille streamer. There were about 15 brookies in the pool and that was about it. Further downstream there was a short riffle that held about the same amount. In that situation I just drifted the san juan worm, using a hopper dropper system.

No comments:

Post a Comment